Saturday, April 26, 2014

Thunderbolt Part II

The Thunderbolt is ready for primer and paint. The major & sub assemblies are completed and airbrushed with Gunze Mr. Surfacer 1200. I cannot stress enough the value of a good, smooth & level primer base. I thin to a very high ratio of thinner (lacquer) to primer, just about the consistency to skim milk.

Spot checking with 2400/4000/12000 grit sanding sticks, all looks good for the upcoming paint layers. My attention turned to the wheel wheels, with a cote of Tamiya XK-4 yellow green. With XF-4 still in my airbrush I added some yellow to the mix for the bands on the 500 lb. bombs. After the yellow band airbrushed I cut a thin piece of FrogTape Delicate Surface tape to cover the yellow.

Then I airbrush Tamiya olive Drab with a bit of Flat green in the mix for the OD paint on the bombs.


No comments:

Post a Comment