Saturday, April 26, 2014

FrogTape vs. TamiyaTape

As a modeler I am always looking for a cheaper better way to do something. With airbrushing having a good quality tape that leave NO residue is vital to a great job. When Tamiya released there modeling tape a decade ago, It was the best on the market. At time expensive depending on what shop you buy from. A few years ago I came across a tape called Shurtape CP60. A tape made for delicate surfaces (ie. wallpaper, Faux finishes, ...) At the time only available in my area though Sherwin Williams for a great price. Much lover than Tamiyas' offering.

I recently ran out of my CP60, drove to Sherwin Williams and found out they dont carry "Shurtape CP60". The counter rep said I may have better luck at Wal-Mart. Drove to Wal-Mart and stood in front of the paint tape section for about 5 minutes. I opened up a product in a nice hard plastic box called "FrogTape Delicate Surface Tape" It's a direct replacement for Tamiyas' Tape and a much lower price. The only downside is that it doesn't come in smaller widths than 1". At $5.50 for a roll, its a great buy and works great.




No comments:

Post a Comment