Monday, January 06, 2014

Civilian Opel Blitz

While cleaning out my office a few months ago I came across a Tamiya Opel Blitz truck. I decided to take it from the "stash area" to the "bench area". With the holidays these past weeks I've made some progress. This is my first time building the Tamiya kit and it goes together with one major issue.

When I reopened the box there was a little note I had left myself. " Headlights Missing, used on other kit. Find replacements..." So with that, this will be a Civilian Opel Blitz - without headlights.

When I decided to go civilian, I had to decide on colors. A odd teal color mix with a white roof with Vallejo colors was applied to the cab. Red wheel hubs (Gunze), and a black chassis also using Vallejo once again. Some light chipping and rust effects were applied on the cab with Vallejo 70822/70862 & a 12/0 brush.

AK Interactive washes applied to details with a very light coat of Humbrol 72  airbrushed for the first layer of dust.




Full set of images...
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjQdL4RA