Monday, January 06, 2014

Almost finished...

With the new year comes more time, and with more time comes some progress on the D9R. With all of the major components assembled, painted and attached I finally started the weathering. These bulldozers are used currently in Iraq and Afghanistan with the USA and the USMC so a dusty appearance is needed. 

Details are with Vallejo paints and AK Interactive washes applied on the model. MIG pigments Iraqi Sand and Light Dust were mixed up and applied with white spirits and fixer. As with pigments I always take my time. It's very easy to go too far.

Tracks were airbrushed a rusty brown mix with Tamiya paints. A brown was applied and pigments applied. Then a rub with a graphite bar. With all of the craziness of building a model I have misplaced one of the hydraulic rams that controls the lateral angel of the blade. With one or two more things to finish up I think I'll be finished up by the weekend.




Full set of images.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjJ7ZTHG