Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cobblestone Street

One night I awoke to a idea, and headed straight for the bench. A cobblestone street was that idea. I had no kits for this, so I would need to scratch build something.

I took a old piece of plexiglass for the base. A tad bit small but it could work. I then needed some cobblestones. I tried making them from plaster and cutting them individually. They looked like rocks too much. I grabbed a sheet of poster board. Ripped off the paper covering and started slicing small bricks. A little white glue and about 5 hours later I had a cobblestone street. I needed a vertical element to give depth. A couple parts from the spares bin and some brass wire created the streetlamp. Tamiya paints for the colors and AK/MIG pigments and washes for the effects. Now I just have to create a lamp shade...




Flickr photo set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cramsey/sets/72157646916396651/

No comments:

Post a Comment